Terms & Conditions
Protocols & Code of Conduct – (Rules & Regulations, Protocols)
6 Basic Rules
A student may be disqualified temporarily or for life for any of the following :
Committing a criminal offence
Failing to obey an order
Any breach of etiquette
Entering dojo intoxicated
Speaking back to an instructor
The Training Academy (“TTA”) has as its key objectives:
Providing instruction in a safe environment in the martial art of All Stars Self Defence Centres.
Developing the mental and physical tools for improving personal safety and security.
Promotion of good health and vitality.
Development of positive self-esteem and self-confidence.
Development of a person as a positive role model in the community.
Creating expertise in confrontation management.
Pro-active crime prevention through increased awareness and positive attitudes.
Developing healthy community attitudes and values. All persons participating in a class or course conducted by TTA must agree to be bound by this Code of Conduct. TTA reserves the right to make amendments or additions to this Code of Conduct at any time.
All Stars Self Defence Centre is a contact martial art, meaning it involves physical contact with one or more other practitioners in ways designed to simulate as closely as possible the self-defence options available to a practitioner when confronted with physical aggression and/or threatening behaviour.
As in any other physically demanding recreational activity, there is always a risk of injury.
Any person participating in a class conducted by TTA does so with the full understanding that whilst it is the policy of TTA to minimise this risk, the nature of contact physical activity prevents its total elimination.
Persons participating in a class conducted by TTA do so of their own volition and at their own risk.
1. All Stars respect the rights of first peoples and their protocols of country and will follow all advice from Traditional Owners and Elders while providing training on country IE sorry business. We would also like to request the right to take photos or video during the training for marketing purposes, all photos will be de- identified on request.
Persons must not wear jewellery or watches during training.
All persons participating in training agree to maintain self-control at all times and maintain all care in the application of any technique.
Any person who, in training, exhibits behaviour that, in the judgement of the Instructor, is a danger to other participants, shall not be allowed to continue training until the Instructor determines the danger is no longer present.
Any injury must be reported to the instructor in charge with all details of incident documented.
All students must be abiding by our COVID-19 Policy found here
- Upon entry all persons must hand sanitise
- Pre booked appointments only
- Practice safe distancing while in the training area
- Any equipment used will be cleaned after each class
- Parents must drop and go
- All children under 12 years must be picked up at the door by a responsible nominated adult
- If you are coughing and/or sneezing you must leave the room
- We strongly suggest all members to download the COVID Safe App on their phone.
Training Area Etiquette
Persons will bow in the appropriate manner upon entering and leaving the Training Area.
Shoes must be taken off before entering the training area unless the shoes are special martial arts footwear approved by the Instructor (see “Clothing” below).
Persons must be punctual, preferably early, so that they are ready to train when class commences. If arriving late, a person must wait at the side of the Training Area until the Instructor indicates that a person may join the class.
No Karate-Ka will provoke violence outside the dojo or allow himself to be provoked into violence, under pain of expulsion from the sport of Karate for life.
Students will maintain a serious attitude at all times. No profanity or loud talking is permitted in the dojo.
Persons must not chew gum whilst training.
Food and/or drink (including water) must not be consumed whilst on the training area.
Mobile phones must be turned off during training. Mobile phones inadvertently left on during training may not be answered. Any person who is “on-call” for work may seek approval from the instructor prior to the commencement of class to leave his or her
mobile phone on.
All Equipment used must be wiped down and cleaned after use
Uniforms & Training Gear
All Persons must wear the following approved clothing during all training sessions:
Pants: Plain white karate pants, and approved kickboxing shorts.
Tops: Plain white karate tops with All Stars logo on back, and approved colour singlet or shirt for kickboxing.
Shoes: Only special martial arts training footwear which has been approved by the instructor.
Belts: Graded students must wear their belts.
All clothing must be free of all logos or markings unless the logo is that of TTA.
Persons inappropriately attired will not be allowed to train.
In addition to the general uniform requirements, persons must bring a towel and filled water bottle to each training session.
No Towel No Train
Persons participating in sparring activity must purchase and wear an approved mouth guard and bring this mouth guard to every training session.
As boxing drills are a regular conditioning activity, persons are encouraged to purchase their own set of boxing mitts of an approved 14oz or 16oz size.
In addition to their personal mouth guards, persons participating in sparring must wear full protective clothing, either their own or as supplied by TTA, comprising body guards, head guards, shin guards, groin guards and 14oz or 16oz boxing mitts.
Sparring is to be of the non contact to touch contact kind during training sessions, all sparring is to be supervised by one senior ranked student at all times. (The ratio is 1 supervisor to 2 students sparring)
Sickness or Injury
Persons must not train if they are suffering from the flu or other viral infection that may be passed on to other persons.
Persons must advise the Instructor if suffering from any injury or medical condition, either permanent or temporary, which may be adversely affected by certain types of training. Some examples of this may include blood pressure problems and cardiac disorders, neck and back injuries, diabetes and asthma.
If requested by the Instructor, persons with the above or like conditions must show this Code of Conduct to their physician and secure a medical certificate clearly stating that the person is able to participate in classes conducted by All Stars Self Defence Centres and whether there are any restrictions or conditions applicable.
Stay home if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms i.e. fever, dry cough, tiredness
Other Health Issues
Persons must not attend training under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
Smoking is not allowed in the Training Area.
Persons training must give proper attention to personal hygiene and exhibit clean grooming; and ensure that fingernails and toenails are trimmed and clean..
Persons with a cut or bleeding injury must cease training immediately and receive appropriate first aid. Rejoining the training session will not be allowed until the instructor has deemed that is safe to do so.
Persons administering first aid to a person suffering a cut or bleeding injury must wear protective gloves.
No food is to be consumed in the dojo or reception area.
Training Area Ethics
Persons must always be courteous and helpful to each other.
Physical contact between persons who are training must be appropriate to the situation and necessary for the skill development of those persons.
Sexual harassment, defined as being where a person is subjected to unwanted or uninvited sexual behaviour, will not be tolerated.
Any form of discrimination based on sex, ethnic origin, language, colour, or other form of differentiation will not be tolerated.
Only persons black belt or singlet and above are addressed as Senpai, unless they are awarded a special teaching title. ie Sensei etc
Persons awarded teaching titles must be addressed by their title in and out of the dojo at all times. Their name then the title eg John Senpai.
All grievances must be spoken about behind closed doors not voiced openly, or to lower ranked students, and preferably in writing.
Training Session Restrictions
Training sessions with TTA are structured as either Conditioning Training Sessions or Technical Training Sessions with a 1-hour class usually comprising a Conditioning Training Session of 30 minutes followed by a Technical Training Session of 30 minutes.
Only persons authorised by the Instructor are allowed to participate in any physical contact drills as required for gradings.
Persons who commence training with TTA for the first time may take part in regular soft drill work, but no hard partner contact drill training for a period of 9 months or their first full grade, which ever comes first.
- Parents to drop off & pick up at the door. All children under 12 years must be picked up at the door by a responsible nominated adult.
Direct Debit Payments
- Your direct debit payments will be taken out as per your membership type.
- Your payments will be suspended on school holidays when classes do not run.
- You may suspend your training once per year free of charge.
- Direct debit memberships have a contract length of 3 months minimum.
- You must let us know 2 weeks in advance of cancelling or suspending your membership
- Please use your nominated bank account for payments to be taken out instead of CC
- You must contact us if your card has been stolen, cancelled or expired and update your details.
- Note: Your payments will be suspended on school holiday periods when classes do not run.
- Term 1 (11 Weeks, Suspended for 1 week)
- Term 2 (11 Weeks, Suspended for 1 week)
- Term 3 (11 Weeks, Suspended for 1 week)
- Term 4 (11 Weeks, Suspended for 3 weeks)
- Total 6 weeks suspension where you are not debited
- To cancel your membership you can contact us by email or phone.
- Gradings Every Term below brown belt and all tip grades (above & below black belt) (Valued $50 per term)
- Children train up to 2x weekly / Teens & Adults unlimited training
- Player Accident Insurance (Yearly)
- Online training resources & videos
- FREE advanced training sessions (Valued $30 per session)
- Unlimited make up classes
- FREE Black Belt Instructor Training
- Family discounts of 5% for 2 people, 10% 3 people, 15% 4 people from same family.
Membership Does Not Include
- Specialist training sessions
- Full Brown Belt grading/Black Belt grading & Dan Grade
- Sparring equipment for orange belts and above
- Weapons i.e. Bo, Nunchaku, Sai Swords, Bokken
- You must book all your classes at the start of each term.
- Children may only attend 24 classes max per term (approx. 2 times a week)
- You must notify us if you are going to be absent through the ClubLink app or member portal by cancelling your class booking.
- You must book only for your age appropriate class.
- We strongly encourage you to attend the same class(es) each week to have a regular schedule and instructor.
- If school is shut down due to COVID-19 classes will still run as per normal timetable but online classes through Zoom with a reduced fee.
- Timetable is subject to change and may be altered in the second week of school holidays depending on demand.
- 4 Weeks Training & Uniform for $49 – You can cancel at any time during the 4 week period by contacting us by email or phone. After the 4 week period you will be debited the normal training fee.