Coronavirus (COVID-19) latest update 20th March 2020
The health, safety, and wellbeing of our people, customers, and visitors is of the utmost importance. We are currently undertaking additional measures to minimise the potential health impacts of COVID-19 here at All Stars Martial Arts Academy.
What is All Stars Martial Arts doing?
In line with best practice and current advice from the health authorities:
- We are continually monitoring the situation as it develops and keeping up to date with accurate information and advice from the health authorities.
- We continue to undertake the necessary precautionary measures to minimise the risk of infection spreading within our clubs, particularly a heightened focus on health, hygiene, and other sanitary measures. This includes the public area bathrooms changing of the product within the current soap dispensers to an anti-bacterial soap and additional sanitization of all public area door handles and surfaces by our landlords.
- All actions being undertaken are based on the recommendations and guidance as issued by the Australian Department of Health.
Modified classes during COVID-19 period:
- Students, parents and guardians must wait outside before entering the reception for their class, only students may enter the reception.
- You must wash your hands BEFORE and AFTER all classes with soap and water or hand sanitiser.
- There will be minimal physical contact activities.
- There will be minimal pad work involved.
- There will be minimal use of equipment.
- There will be no sharing of personal equipment or use of our focus pads or gloves.
What can you do?
Good personal hygiene practices remain the best and recommended defence in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Regularly wash your hands with soap and water more than normal. (before & after eating, attending the toilet, coughing/sneezing or blowing nose, after touching public surfaces, etc.)
Please DO NOT:
- Do not attend class for 14 days upon return of any overseas trip from any of the following countries: China, Italy, Mongolia, Italy, Japan, South Korea or Spain.
- Do not attend classes if you feel sick or are sick
- Do not attend classes if you have been in close contact with someone who has been confirmed or you are waiting on test results for COVID-19.
We also ask that you disclose whether you have:
- Any confirmed or potential cases of COVID-19 (including close-contact with a confirmed or potential case of COVID-19)
- Travelled overseess to a high or moderate risk country (e.g. China, Italy, Mongolia, Italy, Japan or South Korea, Spain)
What if an incident occurs?
Whilst All Stars Martial Arts operates under a Master Emergency and Major Incident Management Plan for our Head Office, we will act under specific guidance from the relevant authorities for pandemic and public health incidents should they arise.
You will be informed should any required plans be activated due to an incident at All Stars Martial Arts.
What if I develop symptoms of COVID -19?
If you develop symptoms such as fever, dry cough, sore throat, and fatigue;
- stay at home and prcatice standrad infection control precautions
- seek medical advice, it is important to call ahead first;
- go to www.healthdirect.gov.au ; or
- call the National Coronavirus Information and Triage Line (1800 020 080); It operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you require translating or interpreting services, call 131 450.
- inform your workplace, sporting club
- if you have concerns about your health, speak to your doctor.
- for the latest advice, information and resources, go to www.health.gov.au
- the phone number of your state or territory public health agency is available at www.health.gov.au/state-territory-contacts