About the Intensive
- A general class format with specialised sessions on grade material. Format including exercises such as, tournament sparring, kata, pad work, self-defence, floor work, weapons training, competitive group activities and games.
- Highly qualified and experienced trainers and facilitators; Certificate IV in Fitness; Active after school community coaching program accreditation; National police clearance check; Working with children checks; First Aid; Accredited black belt martial arts instructors; all accredited school trainers under All Stars.
- Intensives are available for children wanting to pick up some extra training and possibly an extra grade over the holidays (provided 4 days are completed).
- Full payment must be made prior to the event, with 50% non-refundable if you cancel.
- BOOK NOW as we have a maximum number per group for safety reasons.
- 4 day training schedule 9am-5pm includes morning and afternoon breaks, in the week before the kids go back to school
- Program Schedule
- Warm up
Kata & Self Defence
- Morning Break (fruit provided)
Bodyweight Strength & Balance
- Afternoon Break
• Dojo Rules & Code of Ethics
• Bully Busters (Face to Face Bullying & Cyber Bullying)
• Putting the Lid on Negative Peer Pressure
• Defining Self Defence
• Keeping your Cool
• How to Say Sorry
• Beating the Blues
• Keys to Staying Motivated
We focus on two different weapons in the holiday program on alternate days, the Bo staff and the Sword.
Throughout the program we play a variety of group & team games.
• Nerf Wars
• Dodge ball
• Poison ball
• Scarecrow tiggy
• Group chase
• Gutter ball
• Silent Ninja
• Noodle Octopus
What to Bring
• Snacks (fruit is provided)
• Drink Bottle
• Uniform (Karate Gi & Belt) or comfortable clothing
• Weapons (Bo & Bokken) (provided if not owned)
Holiday Program Dates 2019
Term 1 – Tues 22nd Jan – Fri 25th Jan
Term 2 – Tues 16th Apr – Fri 19th Apr
Term 3 – Tues 9th July – Fri 12th July
Term 4 – Tues 1st Oct – Fri 4th Oct
$250 per Child for 4 Days
$200 per Child for 3 Days
$150 per Child for 2 Days
$100 per Child for 1 Day